We spoke with anti-imperialist researcher Hugo Turner on a book and topic he has recently been looking into: ‘Thy Will Be Done’ – The Conquest of the Amazon : Nelson Rockefeller and Evangelism in the Age of Oil.
Hugo answered for us the following questions:
- How does corporate power shape government and academia?
- How has academia served the empire?
- What role do missionaries play in Imperialism?
- How do missionaries role mirror the use of NGOs by the CIA?
- How did the Rockefeller family shape the history of Latin America?
Some images from the excellent discussion are included below: